Arlington Camera Presents…
When: Saturday, October 18, 2014
Time: 9am – 4pm
Location: Hampton Inn & Suites Arlington*
Cost: $79 Click here to purchase tickets.
Join Steve Kozak on Saturday, October 18 from 9 AM – 3:30 PM at the Hampton Inn & Suites – Arlington South for a day of learning and fun with this hands-on workshop. “Step Into The Light” is designed to help photographers learn about three very important skill sets in taking great images: Lighting, Camera Handling and Composition.
SPECIAL BONUS: All participants will receive a FREE Westcott 5-in-1 Reflector! This 30-inch reflector does so much more than simply reflect light! The reversible cover features gold, silver and white surfaces to reflect light while the black surface it perfect for subtracting light! The interior translucent panel helps turn hard, harsh light into a much more desirable soft, diffused light. Check out these features:
- Collapses to 1/3 its open size
- Add specular highlights and cool tones to your subject with silver reflective panel
- Reflect neutral light onto subjects using white reflective panel
- Fill in dark areas with natural tones using the reflective sunlight panel
- Use black surface to subtract or pull light away from subject
- Quickly and easily diffuse harsh sunlight by placing diffusion panel between your subject and the sun
This 5-in-1 Reflector is valued at $29.95 and is yours Free, from your friends at Arlington Camera, with your paid registration!
About the class: Did you ever wonder how some photographers consistently create award-winning images while others seem to struggle? This entertaining and eye-opening workshop is designed to help photographers gain confidence in three very unique aspects of taking great images: Lighting, Camera Handling and Composition.
Since lighting is the key aspect to every great image, Steve is going to demonstrate how the quality of light impacts how images are recorded. In addition, Steve will share the many ways a photographer goes about working with light and how to modify the light to get outstanding images in terrible lighting conditions.
Participants will photograph in various lighting conditions including: outdoors, with window light, room light, portable flash and studio lighting. Student will also learn to use their FREE Westcott 5-in-1 Reflector to create images with reflective light, subtractive light and with the translucent panel.
These three images show the how using the 5 in 1 reflector can dramatically improve your images.
This workshop will teach you how to use light to create form, shape and texture the will greatly improve your images!
Participants will work on several projects designed to teach various aspects of proper camera handling, exposure settings and controls. All of these projects will help you make better decisions at the time you are creating images so that what you capture is more in line with your vision.
Finally, participants will work through a number of exercises that are designed to help you learn to see and design stronger photographic compositions.
The day will be filled with hands-on teaching, projects and exercises using your camera, flash and your new FREE Westcott 5-in-One Reflector! Be sure to bring your camera, portable flash, a variety of lenses (wide angle to telephoto – if you have them) and fresh batteries for your camera and flash!
This workshop is sure to raise your skills as a photographer and the quality of your images as you discover:
- How light creates shape and dimension
- How to properly use light for portraits and landscapes
- How to “see” light
- How to modify light to create stronger images
- How to control depth of field to strengthen your vision
- How lens choices impact the relationship of the subject to the environment
- How proper exposure and shooting in manual will instantly improve your images
- How to pre-visualize compositions for stronger images
- Why the Rule of Thirds is made to be broken and how to break it
- How to capture images with a new vision for design
- and much more.
Cost: $79.00. Click here to purchase tickets.
Arlington Camera invites you to join PPA Master Photographer, Steve Kozak on Saturday, October 18 at the Hampton Inn & Suites – Arlington South located off I20 and South Collins.
Saturday, October 18
9AM – Noon………….Workshop
Noon – 1PM…………..Lunch on your own
1PM – 4PM……………Workshop Continues
*Please Note Venue Change to: Hampton Inn & Suites – Arlington South
1100 E. I-20
GPS Address: 1301 E. Bardin Rd.
Arlington, TX 76018